Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Drive-By Review - Severance


Hey, it's a New Year! Might as well bring back an old thing I used to do around here called Drive-By  Reviews.  Nothing deep but something worth mentioning.

This week, I finished the first season of Severance on Apple TV+ (and why can't it be simply Apple+?  It's not like everyone watches shit on a TV only anymore).

Anyhoo, I watched Severance.  And dug the hell out of it.

I'm probably late to the party on this one.  But that will be a continuing thing in 2023 for me.  Getting caught up.

Well, I watched Severance because I heard good things and I wanted something cerebral, funny, and not overly depressing.  I didn't expect a mystery series wrapped up in the the trappings of odd spiritualism and cults.  The work place stuff and identity stuff was expected.  But the waffle party with the crazy half-naked people dancing in giant cult masks?  Not so much.

And thank you!

Love it when a show can surprise you.

Anyway, Severance was very enjoyable, well acted, well written, and, although maybe an episode too long, perfectly paced.

That is all.  

No comments: