Monday, January 30, 2023

Drive-By Review - The Last Narc

 


Somehow, I missed this docuseries on Amazon Prime.  Being a fan of true crime, history, untold history, and the Narcos series on Netflix, I have no idea how this one flew under my radar.

Maybe because it's on Amazon Prime and Amazon Prime isn't the best at promoting stuff on Amazon Prime for some reason.

Anyway, I have since watched it and come away with two feelings:

1. Why does anyone believe anything at first glance?  If the government is involved and multiple agencies are involved, you will not get the whole truth up front.  Nor will you get it in any kind of linear narrative.  

If you get the whole story, ever, lucky you.  And yes, I speak from a position of experience with the government so I have some experience in this field.

2.  I don't know why I'm constantly surprised at the level of ties that continue to come up related to Iran-Contra but I shouldn't be anymore.  That is a dark pit that has tragedy written all over it and still, not too many people talk about it like they should.

Anyway, I'm not in the mood to get flagged so I'll just say this is a well done, although overly dramatic in parts when it comes to the slow motion footage of people walking.  It kept me hooked and provided yet another rabbit hole to go down.

Now if someone would only do a good docuseries on Mena, Arkansas.

No comments: